Local Authority Protection Programme
The Local Authority Protection Programme Disaster Fund (LAPP) is a cash accumulation mutual pool. Civic Financial Services Ltd is the Fund's Administration Manager.
The LAPP Fund was established in 1993, to help its New Zealand local authority members pay their share of infrastructure replacement costs for water, sewage and other essential services damaged by natural disaster.
Since 1991, central and local government has shared responsibility for these costs. Beyond a threshold, central government will pay 60% of the restoration costs, leaving local authorities 40%.
Of the 78 local authorities in New Zealand, 22 are currently Fund members.